- Facebook collects over 500 terabytes of data every day.
- One out of every seven minutes spent online is on Facebook.
- One-third of Facebook’s 18-34 aged female demographic check Facebook when they first wake up, even before going to the bathroom.
- 18-24-year-olds on Facebook have 510 friends on average.
- Links about sex are shared 90 percent more than any other link on Facebook.
- Facebook has been linked to 66 percent of divorces in the U.S., with 81 percent of the nation’s top divorce lawyers claiming clients have cited using social networks as damning evidence against their spouses in the past five years.
- 87 percent of bullied teens were targeted on Facebook.
59 percent of parents have talked to their children because they were concerned about something posted to social media.
- 43 percent of parents check their children’s Facebook profile daily.
- 85 percent of women are annoyed by their friends on Facebook.
Sources: "12 Alarming Stats About Social Media" from DigiDay; "Number of Active Facebook Users Over the Years" from AP.